The conference will mark the release of the 12th annual China Human Capital Report-2020. It will feature distinguished keynote speeches and parallel sessions on critical topics related to human capital and labor markets on December 5, preceded by an onsite reception on December 4, if the situation permits. The meeting will be a hybrid of an in-person and a virtual event.
We invite submission of individual papers. Topics dealing with broad areas of human capital and labor markets are all welcome.
· Submit abstract (400-500 words in English) no later than November 15, 2020 online at:
· The decision for acceptance will be announced by November 20.
· Each session consists of papers, discussants and Q&A live.
· We plan for the conference to run synchronously (with a live feed) between 8:00am and 7:00pm in Beijing on Saturday the 5th. The time slot for each presentation will be set reasonably according to the local time zone of the presenter.
· All papers accepted for presentation must be submitted to the conference online site by November 25 so that discussants will have enough time to prepare comments.
China Economic Review Special Issue
All submissions accepted for presentation will be eligible for submission to a Special Issue of China Economic Review.
Information on Past Conferences
Check the website:
· Please check the CHLR website for updated information:http://humancapital.cufe.edu.cn/
· Emailchlr_conference@163.comfor questions
· Call CHLR office (Ms. Rong Huang orMs. Shujia Zhao), 010-6228-8298
Haizheng Li (Chair), Professor, Georgia Institute of Technology
Belton Fleisher(Co-Chair), Professor Emeritus, Ohio State University and CHLR
Zhiqiang Liu, (Co-Chair), Professor, SUNY at Buffalo
Cynthia A. Bansak, Professor, St. Lawrence University and CHLR
Barbara Fraumeni, Professor Emeritus, University of Southern Maine and CHLR
Carsten Holz, Professor, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and CHLR
Sophie Wang, Associate Professor (Ph.D., Simon Fraser University), CHLR
Fanzheng Yang, Assistant Professor (Ph.D., Iowa State University, CHLR
Ning Jia, Assistant Professor (Ph.D., University ofNotre Dame), CHLR
Nina Yin, Assistant Professor (Ph.D., Toulouse School of Economics), CHLR
Shan Li, Assistant Professor (Ph.D., George Washington University), CHLR
Chen Huang, Assistant Professor (Ph.D., University of Arizona), CHLR
Yulong Chen, Assistant Professor (Ph.D., Iowa State University), CHLR
Yi Zhang, Assistant Professor (Ph.D., Tilburg University), CHLR