As one of China's key universities under the direct leadership of the Ministry of Education, Central University of Finance and Economics enjoys the patronage of both the central and municipal governments, including the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Finance, and Beijing municipal government. In 2017, CUFE was selected into the Double First Class Initiative, a national project with the goal of fostering world standards in China's universities. The university is also listed in Project 211. In addition, CUFE is among the first universities to enter Project 985 Innovation Platform, whose objective is to promote scientific research of high-priority areas in the fields' top institutions. The university's applied economics is rated A+ and ranked No.1 by the Ministry of Education in the latest round of national academic evaluation in 2017.
The International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship (ICLTS) offers high achieving individuals from abroad the opportunity to study Chinese for one semester at Central University of Finance and Economics. The scholarship aims to train qualified Chinese language teachers as well as to facilitate the global promotion of Chinese language and culture. The entrusted organizations for recommending eligible candidates (hereinafter referred to as “recommending institutions”) are Confucius Institutes, independently operated Confucius Classrooms, and selected HSK test centers. TCSOL students and teachers interested in Chinese language teaching and global promotion are encouraged to apply for 2021 spring/fall semester intake. The length of the program is 1 semester.
The scholarship only covers tuition fee.
All applicants shall be:
1. non-Chinese citizens;
2. in good physical and mental conditions, and with good academic performance and conduct;
3. committed to Chinese language education and related work;
4. between the ages of 16-35 (as of March 1/September 1, 2021). Applicants currently working as Chinese language teachers shall not be over 45.
1. A minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 3).
2. Applicants withholding X1 or X2 visas are not eligible
Application is open from now to December 15, 2020 for Spring semester.
Application will be open from March 1 to May 15, 2021 for Fall semester.
1. Register online at cis.chinese.cn, select Central University of Finance and Economics.
2. Select a recommending institution, and then upload required documents.
3. Track application progress, feedbacks, and admission results.
4. Once awarded the scholarship, print ICLTS certificate, contact CUFE and register at the university’s International student system.
5. Register at CUFE on dates stated on the admission letter.
1. A scanned copy of passport photo page
2. A scanned copy of score reports of HSK (within the two-year validity)
3. A recommendation letter by the director of recommending institution (Chinese language teacher shall provide in addition a proof of employment as well as a reference letter by the employer)
4. Any additional documents may be required by CUFE
Chinese Bridge award recipient policies
Chinese Bridge winners awarded the “International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship Certificate” shall log onto the scholarship website and submit documents to CUFE upon presentation of their ICLTS certificates. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiry.
Office of International Admissions, CUFE
Address: School of International Cultural and Exchange, No. 39thSouth College Road, Haidian, Beijing, China
MOE’s Center for Language Education and Cooperation