Tips on the Chinese Laws and Regulations Related to International Students at CUFE
1. According to the “Law of the People’s Republic of China on Aliens’ Entry and Exit”.
1) If you have arrived in China with an X visa , you must apply for your residence permit to the Aliens’ Exit & Entry Administration office of the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau within 30 days after your entry;
2) You must keep your passport or residence permit with you all through the time period of your study in China;
3) With your valid residence permit or F visa you can make a trip out of China, but you must apply for your re-entry visa at the local public security office seven days before you leave China;
(This regulation also applies to a trip to Hong Kong.)
4). If you wish to reside in a Chinese home, you must report to the local public security office within 24 hours;
5). You mustn’t take up a job or do any business all through the time period of your study in China.
Note: You must keep in mind the date of expiry.
2. According to the “Law of the People’s Republic of China on Demonstrations and Marches”, You mustn’t stir up a demonstration or a march or join in any demonstration or march held by Chinese citizens in China.
3. According to the “Law of the People’s Republic of China on Public Order”, all the following cases are violations of the public order:
1) Gang-fighting, disorder-inciting, sexual harassment and any involvement in prostitution.
2) Drugs-taking or-injection.
3) Theft, swindle, and destruction or robbery of any public properties or personal belongings.
4) Drunk-driving and no-license driving by the car owner himself or any of his acquaintances.
4. All the students, including international students, are not allowed to drive the motorcycle on campus.
5. According the “regulations of the Beijing Municipality on Pets-keeping”, no one, whether Chinese or alien, is allowed to keep any pet on campus.
6. In case you have found your personal belongings lost or stolen, you must keep the scene intact, and report the case in the Office of the School of International Cultural Exchange, the Security Office on campus and the local public security office. In case your passport or residence permit is lost, you must repot to the Aliens’ Exit & Entry Administration office of the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau.
7. As a resident in the international students’ apartments on campus, you must tell your visitor to register at the front desk and you mustn’t put him up in your room for the night without any permit.
As is always the case, you are protected by the law, and in the meantime any case of violation of the law is punishable.
You are most welcome to the School of International Cultural Exchange, and we are willing to offer you any consulting service.